When Findlay’s first hospital, the Findlay Home for Friendless Women and Children, opened its doors in 1891, the founders could never have imagined being the predecessors for today’s Blanchard Valley Health System. We’ve grown from a single hospital to a comprehensive health system offering a full continuum of care.
Technology has changed greatly over the years, moving from simple instruments and testing to electronic medical records, surgical robots and advanced imaging. Clinical research has created best practices in providing safe and efficient patient care. Here, we are using these practices to offer the highest quality of care possible to all who enter our doors.
What hasn’t changed is our reason for being here for the community. In 1891, the hospital was formed to provide a vital service to Findlay area residents – doctors and nurses were caring for their friends and neighbors. That’s still what we’re doing today. We’ve grown, advanced and improved, but we still exist to serve the health care needs of the community through quality services from caring, skilled individuals.
Our Promise to You – To be extraordinary people, providing exceptional care for 125 years and counting!