Care Navigation Services
BVHS offers Care Navigators to assist those who are enrolled in the BVHS health insurance plan or the Whirlpool health insurance plan, and see a Medical Home Provider, manage their health and wellness. Both adults and children who are enrolled in the above plans can take part! As registered nurses, Care Navigators can help coordinate your care and educate you on diagnoses or treatments. In fact, there are many benefits to working with a Care Navigator.
What can a Care Navigator do for me?
- Follow up with you after an admission at BVH or Bluffton Hospital to coordinate care and ensure you understand discharge instructions and medications
- Educate on new diagnoses and help manage your chronic condition
- Provide medication savings and education along with formulary guidance
- Provide tobacco cessation counseling and access to resources at no charge
- Help you complete your health care advance directives, including health care power of attorney and living will
- Work with your physician to make sure you receive preventive care and screenings
- Provide community resource information
- Assist with benefit clarification
Conditions commonly managed by our Care Navigators include:
Congestive Heart Failure
By combining education and follow up encounters, we strive to improve the quality of life for those living with a chronic disease such as congestive heart failure. Your care navigator can assist you with medication adherence, diet and lifestyle changes.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
The COPD program is designed to help you better manage this chronic condition. Education, smoking cessation, medication management and disease-specific testing will be guided by your care navigator and health care provider.
Diabetes, Kidney Disease, Pneumonia, Asthma Exacerbations
We are here to help you with disease management, whatever your condition may be. Each person utilizing Care Navigator services will have an individualized care plan to meet their needs.
There is no charge to the enrollee for Care Navigator services. Care Navigators accept referrals from patients, Medical Home providers, or follow up after an inpatient admission or recurring ER visits. For questions, or to make a self-referral to the Care Navigator program, please contact the Care Navigators at 419.425.5676.
**If you do not utilize the BVHS health insurance or see a Medical Home provider, there are still programs from the Care Navigators available to you! Both tobacco cessation and advance directives planning are resources offered to all members of our community. Click here to learn more about these programs or call the Care Navigator team at 419.425.5676.**