|Bridge Home Health is ranked amoung the top 25% of home health providers in the U.S....learn more.
The medical professionals at Bridge Home Health & Hospice bring a wide range of healthcare services into the home. A service of the Blanchard Valley Health System, Bridge has provided homecare since 1982. Our service allows patients to heal in the comfort of home, enables independence and is more cost-effective than continued hospitalization or a long-term care facility. Accredited by the Joint Commission the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Bridge accepts Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance, or private payment. We are able to provide service to eight counties in northwest Ohio - Hancock, Wood, Henry, Putnam, Allen, Hardin, Wyandot and Seneca Counties.
Medicare Admission Criteria:
1. The patient is required to have homebound status (i.e., absences from the home are infrequent and short in duration, including medical appointments, hair appointments, attending religious services, adult daycare, etc.)
(Homebound status is NOT necessary for Medicaid patients and most private insurances.)
2. The patient must have a SKILLED need for intermittent skilled nursing, physical, occupational, or speech therapy.
3. Physician Order
Skilled Nursing - includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Infusion Therapy/PICC
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Wound Care
- Assessment/Management of Disease
- Medication Teaching
- Pediatric Care (home phototherapy)
- Catheter Care
- Ostomy Care
- Ventilator Care
- Orthopedic Care
- Cardiac Care
- Teaching/Patient-Caregiver Education
- Post-Surgery Care
Physical Therapy - Rehabilitation following stroke, heart attack, joint replacement surgery, or problems related to joint pain, muscle pain or general debility after a prolonged hospital stay.
Occupational Therapy - Therapeutic exercises or home exercise programs focusing on the need to improve patient's ability to function independently or semi-independently in regard to activities of daily living.
Speech Therapy - Exercises to assist with speech, voice communication and difficulty swallowing.
Medical Social Services - Family support, help with financial concerns and referrals to community resources.
Certified Nurse's Aide - Assist with personal care. This service is available if used in conjunction with skilled healthcare.
Who Needs Us?
In most cases, home health care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance when the care is ordered by your physician. Your doctor will use certain criteria to determine if home healthcare is appropriate.
Remember - if you feel that you or a family member could benefit from home health care, ask your physician.
Home care could be beneficial for the following conditions:
- Dressing changes for wounds or incisions
- Pain control and symptom management difficulties
- Urinary catheters
- Heart and/or breathing problems
- Diabetic teaching and/or assisting with insulin
- Recent diagnosis of a chronic illness
- Difficulty with ambulation
- Colostomies and ileostomies
- Difficulty with leaving the home for medical needs
- Due to illness, patient cannot perform self care, like bathing, eating, etc.
- Post surgery care
- Post cardiac care
- Post stroke rehabilitation
- Recent diagnosis of a terminal illness
15100 Birchaven Lane - Findlay, OH 45840 - (419) 423-5351
1037 Conneaut Ave. Suite 204 - Bowling Green, OH - (419) 352-9808
182 St. Francis Ave. - Tiffin, OH 44883 - (419) 443-1363