We want to ensure that you continue to receive the best care possible after you are discharged from the hospital. This is why you, your family and your health care team will begin to discuss your discharge plan as soon as you arrive at the hospital. Together, we can work on issues such as where you will go after discharge, what assistance or equipment you may need and how these will be provided.
Before you leave the hospital, you should think about:
- Can I care for myself at home?
- Who can help me when I go home?
- Where can I go if I am not able to return home?
- Do I have all the supplies I need at home?
- What medications will I be taking at home?
- When do I need to take my next dose of medication?
- Do I have everything I brought with me to the hospital? (Medications, clothes, valuables, equipment, etc.)
- What follow-up appointments do I have?
- Do I have all of the educational information I was given while in the hospital?
If you have any questions about discharge, ask your doctor or nurse or call Blanchard Valley Hospital at 419.423.4500.