The American Heart Association BLS / CPR Course provides the foundation for saving lives from cardiac arrest. It teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics.
•Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
•Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
• Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
• Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
• Describe the importance of team dynamics in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The cost is $50 and is due the day of class.