Due to community concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure that every precaution is being taken to prioritize the safety of our patients, Blanchard Valley Health System will no longer allow visitors. (Effective March 25, 2020)
This policy applies to all BVHS facilities including hospitals and outpatient clinics.
An exception of one caregiver per patient for the duration of the hospital stay will be granted for patients in our pediatric and labor and delivery care units. All surgical patients will be required to have one responsible adult support individual present. Inpatient areas and Emergency Room patients under the care of end-of-life services will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
For surgeries and same-day procedures:
BVHS surgery patients as of 5/14/2020 are permitted to have one guest accompany them inside the hospital during their scheduled procedure.
At Bridge Hospice Care Centers:
In relation to infection control recommendations from The Centers for Disease Control and the Ohio Department of Health, Bridge Hospice will be need to initiate visitor control tools to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and staff.
- Only 2 visitors per patient per day (24 hour period).
- No visitors allowed under 18 years of age. (There may be exceptions if our patient is the child’s parent.)
- Overnight visitation is limited to ONE person per patient. IF the patient is actively passing we will allow an awake vigil of more visitors at that time.
- We are NOT to have any visitors congregating or sleeping in waiting areas at any time. Visitors may sit together in the family room or meditation room in addition to the patient’s room during the day. No more than 10 people should be in one room at a time.
- Visitors are asked to please limit their time walking up and down our hallways.
- There will be exceptions when the patient is actively dying. We will allow some visitors but check in staff will have to call the unit and speak with staff for approval of visitors and these visitors will only be allowed to visit for 15 minutes at a time every 12 hours.
All approved visitors will be required to submit to a screening upon entry and wear a visitor’s badge while in any BVHS facility.
We truly appreciate your understanding.